Hmm…what to wear to the airport?
We love travelling and so naturally the airport is like our second home. That’s why when we travel, we try to wear pieces that are easy yet fashionable. We love to be comfortable for those really long flights, but simply refuse to compromise on style – you never know who might sit next to you on your next flight! Tights, boots, and a layering of a long sweater over a simple cami make this an easy look to achieve.
Here is a simple guide to how you can look stylish during your flight, while feeling at ease:
- Warm Sweater– The planes are always so cold and its best to stay cozy in a warm sweater then try to keep warm in a staticky airplane blanket. We love a grandpa sweater, like the wool blend Tommy Hilfiger that M is wearing. Its loose, long shape provides for comfort while adding a stylish element to a look. Wear it over a pair of tights and you will be ready for travelling in style.
- Scarf– this essential layering piece adds a little oomph of style to any outfit and is key when travelling because its so easy to just throw on or off.
- Tights- there is not much to say here…we would live in tights every day if we could- so comfortable!
- Comfortable Shoes– We always wear a pair of comfortable shoes, that can be taken off easily. M wore the BCBG black leather riding boots, and A brought her brown leather Nine West boots.
- Oversized Travel Bag– Having a large bag, like the neverfull Louis Vuitton, is important for travelling because there are A LOT of things a girl has to bring- an essential make up kit, a book, some magazines, ipod, cell phone, passport, etc etc….also, this allows one to have a little of extra room for last minute shopping at the airport ;)
- Warm Socks– We always wear or bring a pair of warm socks for the plane because we are super paranoid about being even the slightest bit cold. Aside from this, socks are also important because they keep your feet clean when you are asked to take off your shoes at security. You do not want to be walking barefoot on that dirty (and cold) floor :)
We hope you like our airport style…Of course the outfits will depend on the time of year and the destination. For us, these are the essential pieces that will work any time. Some people like to really dress up for the airport, while others dress down to a “i just rolled out of bed” look. Regardless of what you choose to do, we hope our style ideas helped ;)
What do you prefer to wear to the airport? Any airport style ideas ladies?