Its true that the Oscars are meant for honouring lifetime performances, incredible roles, and phenomenal talent… But lets be honest ladies, we just die to see the fashion! Like millions of other fashionistas out there, we watched in anticipation as stars were arriving at the red carpet. There were some heated debates, as every detail of a star’s appearance was discussed – from hair and makeup, to the dress itself. Sometimes the room was split 50/50 between loving and hating a dress, and sometimes we all yelled “we love it!” in unison. But one thing is for sure, there were some incredible dresses worn last night.
Here is a Best Dressed list of the gowns that absolutely wowed us…
1. Michelle Williams looked absolutely stunning in a coral red Louis Vuitton gown. We love the silk layering details and the bow brooch on her waistline. This is such a beautiful silhouette and gives her an aura of femininity, which was so appropriate for her as she played Merilyn Monroe this year.
2. One of the first to arrive on the red carpet, Milla wowed us in this white beaded Ellie Saab gown. This is an amazing contrast to her characteristically tough roles. She is just so stunning!
3. Rose Byrne is a true beauty and this Vivienne Westwood gown shows off just how beautiful she is. We love the black sequin and light silk layering at the back. Its so elegant and absolutely dazzling!
5. Oscar nominee, Jessica Chastian’s Alexander McQueen gown is definitely one of our top favourites from the red carpet. The intricate golden detailing of this gown is so mesmerizing especially with her strawberry blond hair and fair complexion. She just looks so regal! We adore it!
6. Gweneth Paltrow is always a trend setter on the red carpet. She is known for wowing us in her minimalistic form hugging dresses. We couldn’t wait for her to take off her cape to see the full beauty of her gown and when she did ….well …it was amazing! She is definitely one of our faves from the night. We love how elegant the white and the detail of the neckline are.
7. Cameron Diaz is always one of the stars we always can’t wait to see, both because of her amazing figure and the fact that she is styled by one of our favourite stylists – Rachel Zoe. This year was no different – Cameron and Rachel nailed it! The nude colour of this Gucci gown was perfect for Cameron’s complexion and the fit did justice to her figure. Stunning!
8. Giuliana Rancic – Our last but not least best dressed pick goes to Guiliana. Yes, she’s not a nominee, but the starlets need to seriously take some fashion advice from her. Giuliana was glowing in her Tony Ward gown. We love this old hollywood look on her. The best part is that this dress is perfect from every angle, with inricate details on the front and the back . This dress was such a winner, we couldn’t stop gushing over it the entire night!
Hope everyone had a great Oscar night!