It’s that time of year again! The 65th annual Cannes Film Festival, one of the most anticipated events of the year, has kicked off and it’s in full swing! The Cannes Film Festival is a spectacular event, whereby new films are previewed by representatives of the international movie industry. Fashionistas like us adore the Cannes Film Festival because its a time for glitz and glamour! A-list starlets flock to the French Riviera and arrive on the red carpet, dressed to impress. From crystal embellished gowns to feathered hems, the celebs have been looking stellar this year!
Here are our picks for this year’s Best Dressed. These gowns have left us completely speechless!
1. Diane Kruger looked absolutely stunning in a custom-made gown by Vivienne Westwood. Diane opted out for the old-Hollywood Glamour, which works perfectly with her fair complexion and soft waves. She paired the rose-gold sequenced dress with a Jimmy Choo clutch and dazzling pair of vintage diamond earrings! We love how the dress gives Diane a beautiful silhouette and ultra-feminine appearance. Old-Hollywood style seems to never get old!
2. Eva Longoria was a show-stopper on the opening night of the film festival! This gorgeous dress gets our vote for arguably being the best dress of the festival! Eva was flawless in this beautifully embroidered gown by Marchesa! We completely adore the elongated tulle train and the dress’s slim fit, making Eva appear effortlessly sexy, beautiful and elegant! Check out the open back of Eva’s dress, it is spectacular! Ladies, this year its all about understated sexiness and bearing your back is sure to get you on everyone’s radar – take a lesson from Eva!
3. Wow, Wow, Wow! Eva Herzigova looks like a goddess in a pale-pink lace dress by Dolce & Gabbana! We absolutely adore the crystal embellishments and the gown’s slim fit! Eva’s dress is one of our favourites as it is simple yet perfectly elegant! Didn’t we tell you that lace is so in this year?!
4. Cheryl Cole’s dress was a risky move that definitely paid off! The boldness of its red feathers made this dress absolutely brilliant. Cheryl wore a fierce Stéphane Rolland gown that was truly-one-of-a-kind! We adore the dramatic red feathered train that made Cheryl shine on the red carpet. And we couldn’t help but notice that just like Eva, Cheryl also brought a little sexy back with the deep plunging back of this dress.
5. Jessica Chastain looked regal wearing a white Giorgio Armani gown. The intricate beading of the gown looks soft and beautiful against Jessica’s red hair and fair complexion! We are just smitten with the gown’s perfect flow and how spectacular it looks!
6. Bérénice Bejo, the host for the opening ceremony, looked absolutely ravishing in a red silk Louis Vuitton gown. With the elegant pleats in the centre of the gown and beautiful large bow at the back, Bérénice appeared both glam and dazzling!
7. Well, it seems like Eva Longoria got it right again. So right that we had to feature her twice on our best-dressed list. Eat your heart out Tony Parker, because Eva is this year’s MVP of Cannes’ red carpet. On the second day of the festival, Eva went with Old Hollywood galmour, in this delicate white Emilio Pucci Dress. We love the simple elegance of this dress and how well Eva pulled this look together.
We hope that everyone is loving the fabulous fashion at Cannes as much as we are!