It’s true that Chocolate Lava cakes are every girls guilty pleasure! After all, who doesn’t love a perfectly soft and warm dark chocolate dessert served with some vanilla ice cream and strawberries? Before we knew how easy Lava cakes were to make, we always considered them a delicacy, only to be enjoyed at restaurants, such as Terroni’s. Until a couple of years ago, we met an incredible guy from Paris, France who invited us for dinner and surprised us with Fondant au Chocolat! After begging him for his mothers recipe, he finally sent it to us and now we’re sharing the goodness with the rest of the world!
Ladies, prepare to indulge…
Molten Lava Cake Recipe for 2 people:
25 g of sugar power
15 g of flour
50 g of butter
50 g of dark chocolate
Note: Prepare this right before desert time. The ingredients should not be left to sit after they have been mixed.
- Preheat the oven for 200°C.
- Mix the egg and sugar in a salad bowl with a mixer until white and fluffy (This is the key of the recipe, you really have to mix the egg and sugar well and for a long time until its hardened.
- Add the flour and mix together.
- Melt the chocolate and the butter in a small pot (or in the microwave), and mix-in with the rest of the mixture in the salad bowl.
- Better the two baking forms and flour the sides. Pour the mixture into the forms and add a square of dark chocolate into the middle of the mixture to have a more melted center.
- Couple of minutes before dessert time, bake the lava cakes 10 – 12 minutes at 200°.
- Delicately remove the lava cakes from the forms by turning them over onto a dessert plate.
They are absolutely delicious. You can win hearts with these incredibly decadent desserts- guaranteed!